Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I love Ellen!

Hey there! So I was going to save this post for later tonight but after watching this Ellen show I had to start now. She just did a skit on the new size of Starbucks coffee (which apparently is now 30 oz). She stated it comes with a warning label to lift with your knees! Haha!! Then she went on to talk about Taco Bells new campaign which is the 4th meal. Like wow! I do not think North Americans need to be adding in a 4th meal in their diets!! She is just too funny! She said that grandparents will be telling children that back in our day we had only 3 meals and ANKLES!! Wow I just can't get enough of Ellen!!

Anyways on to my great day off! I woke up at 8 to watch Cold Case Files, have breakfast and get ready to go to the gym. I wasn't really feeling the gym today so I just did 35 minutes on the tready with about 15 minutes running and the rest walking on an incline. I was going to do my arms and abs exercises but the studio was busy so I decided to do that at home (which I just did before watching Ellen). Breakfast was the same as yesterday: Kashi Go Lean Crunch but today I topped it with 1/2 banana and blueberries with some skim milk:
Best cereal ever and Timmy`s coffee with skim milk and honey!

After I got home from the gym I took a nice hot bath. My legs felt like lead. I don`t know what was wrong but they seem to be better now. I even took it easy at the gym but who knows. I also had half a banana to hold me over til lunch. I read some blogs and just lounged around til about 12:00 when I decided to make some lunch.

2 pieces whole wheat toast with PB. Veggie scrambled which contained 1 egg, 3 egg whites, corn, spinach and red peppers, topped with a bit of shredded tex mex cheese and ketchup. Mmmm wonderful!

Close up of pure deliciousness!

After lunch I worked on some anatomy studying (fun, fun!) and I scheduled my midterm for next Monday. This test shouldnt be too too bad its all stuff Ive already learnt. This class is just a review so were ready for the operating room environment. I finished that up did some dishes and got ready for work. I picked up just a 4 hour overtime shift from 3-7. Its the best shift there is so I basically had to do it! I also snacked on this before I left the house:
Apple with cinnamon and PB & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams

When I got to work my boss realized scheduling screwed up and that they were way overstaffed. Usually theres only 5 nurses from 3-7 but if I would have worked it would have been 7. I said its alright because I wanted to go shopping anyways. I just went to Sport Chek to see if the Reebok Easytones were on sale. They werent so I just browsed the store but couldnt find anything to buy which is very surprising for this shopaholic! I already have a pair of Easytones but I want another pair because I love them sooo much!! She said theyll go on sale eventually but right now theyre too new! After my dissapointing SportChek adventure I headed next door to Chapters. I browsed around for a while and then found the book Eating Well, Living Well. It was only $10 and had some pretty good info in it so I bought that and went home to read it.

While reading my new book I snacked on some carrot sticks. The book is pretty interesting. It talks about what our ancestors primarily ate and the difference in our culture. It also talks about the many chronic diseases our culture is encountering and what foods to eat to fight it off. So far its a pretty good book. Very happy for my $10 steal! Around 5:30 (halfway through Ellen) I warmed up some leftovers. Butternut squash lasagna and corn. I'd put up a picture but it's the same as last nights so I don't want to bore anyone. I don't know why but for some reason I love leftover lasagna! I think it's even better then when it just comes out of the oven for some reason! During my supper warming up I decided to roast some chickpeas since I'm all out! I bought these guys at Shoppers a couple weeks ago when they were half price!


Love the nutritional info!!

I roasted these for about 45 minutes at 400. I coated them with 1 tbsp olive oil and some salt. They just finished and they are absolutely delicious! I'm thinking these will be included in tomorrow's lunch for work!

Anyways I better get going. My friend is picking me up soon to go see Bounty Hunter! Pretty sure I'll be drooling over Gerard Butler the entire time! Or being super envious of Jen Aniston haha!! I hope the movie's good! I'll review it later tonight or tomorrow! Have a goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't watched Ellen in ages, but that sounds like a great episode! The new Taco Bell commercials are so silly, the only people who need a fourth meal on a regular basis are teenage boys!! Love the apple with DCD...such an awesome combo! Happy hump day :)

    ReplyDelete