Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Days off! Yay!!!

Hey there! Happy Wednesday! I just worked 2 nights, have 2 off and then I work 3. And then... week off!!! Yay!!! Every month I get 1 week off after my night shifts. Best thing about working shift work! I usually don't have a whole week off because I pick up overtime but I love it! Anyways, last nights shift was good. Before heading to work I couldn't decide on french toast, pancakes or oats. So I went with the quickest and easiest... Oats!
1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/2 smashed banana topped with PB & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams, 1/2 sliced banana and about tbsp chia seeds

This really hit the spot! Soooooo good! I mixed everything together so the PB would melt in! Before heading to work I stopped at Chapters to pick up the new hungry girl book and I got a chai tea latte from Starbucks. This was my first latte and wow!!! Soooo good! Little did I know though this thing had like 250 calories or something. Oh well I can have a treat once in a while! I flipped through the book while at work and found some pretty rockin recipes! Can't wait to try some! I also worked on some homework and did some blog reading. Work was pretty good last night. Not a lot of call bells which is pretty unusual! I hope the weekend is like that!

I woke up around 3 this afternoon (well first it was 1:00 but I went back to sleep for a bit). I read some blogs and then went for a run/walk around the trail behind my apartment. I checked the weather first and it said 12 degrees celsius. I thought "Oh this is perfect for running"! Then I got outside and was nearly blown over by the wind. One negative about Saskatchewan: WINDY!!!!! The open prairies are horrible for the wind to just come on in and wreck a nice day!! Oh well! I ran against the wind for a bit but it was pretty hard so I walked in between. On the way back I ran though! There was quite a few people out walking their dogs. Made me jealous cause I want one sooooo bad!!! Hopefully as soon as I get a house I can get a puppy! My mom said she booked an appointment with the bank for Monday! I'm sooooo excited! I've been searching houses a lot online and keep finding quite a few promising ones. Can't wait to get a realtor and get out there house hunting!!!

For supper (aka breakfast) I made a wonderful banini. My inspiration was this lady! I also had fresh pineapple and an apple.



Whole grains tortilla filled with sliced banana, tbsp PB and cinnamon then topped off with 1/2 tbsp honey. Mmmmmmm best thing ever!!!

Now that I'm all fueled up for the night I think I'm going to head out to Walmart. Not sure what I'm gonna buy but I'm sure I'll find something!!! Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment