Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hangovering and House Hunting!

Hello hello! Hope everyone's having an awesome Saturday! I'll begin by writing about my Friday night! First of all I had an amazing supper to fuel me through the drinking that was going to be happening!
1 Amy's burrito topped with O Organics salsa, sweet potato rounds and steamed cauliflower and carrots

Jen picked me up around 8 and we went to her house. At first there was only a handful of us. I had a couple glasses of white wine. We played this fun game where you had to get your team members to say a certain phrase or person. It was super fun but I was really bad at it. I just liked the guessing part haha. So I quit playing and just guessed for both teams. It was around this time Jen started bringing out shots. I was forced into doing one apple sour puss shot. I hate shots! They're sooo gross! After that I had a gin and coke zero. We were listening to music and playing Wii. It was a lot of fun! I didn't get home until 3 am!! So that means I didn't wake up til 11! Just in time to watch my Flyers lose to the Penguins...again... oh well they'll get them next time! I wanted to recharge my hangover so I made a smoothie in a bowl with cereal on top.

Smoothie included: 1/2 banana, handful spinach, splash of skim milk, field berries, 1/2 scoop protein powder and a bit of water. I topped it off with some granola and a handful of Kashi Go Lean Crunch! Sooooo wonderful!!
I felt waaaayyy better after having this. I also chugged about 1 litre of water and took 2 advil! I hate hangovers!! Around 1:00 I had a english muffin sammie.


Whole wheat english muffin with spinach, provolone cheese and tomato slice. Broiled for about 10 minutes until cheese was melted.

My parents picked me up at 1:30 to go house hunting! They are going to help me out with buying a house by splitting it half and half with me. Thank god for my awesome rents! I really don't know what I would do without them! We started off by looking at some condos. I found about 3 I really like. One was painted really badly though so that would need to be changed immediately! It was yellow on the main floor and lime green on the top. Gross haha! We also found a couple of houses that would be excellent. At first I wanted a condo but after looking at the houses I think I want a house instead. They both have garages and huge yards (which means new puppy for me!!) I want a dog sooo bad! And with a condo there just isn't enough backyard for the puppy to play in. So now I'm leaning more towards a house. Anyways, I hope it all works out. This apartment I'm renting lease is up in a couple months. After all that house hunting I came home to some pre-made frozen yogurt!

Frozen yogurt: 1/2 cup fat free yogurt, 1 banana and handful of field berries blended and then frozen for about 4 hours. I took it out of the freezer and warmed it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then topped it off with 1 Tbsp chia seeds and some strawberries.

This treat will never get old!! While snacking on this I read up on some blogs and did a bit of studying. I tried having a nap but it just wasn't happening. It was about 5:30 so I began making supper.

Spinach salad with strawberries, kiwis and almonds with raspberry vinaigrette.

3 Eating Right chicken strips with sweet potato fries. Ketchup and plum sauce for dipping purposes :)

Mmmm that supper really hit the spot. I really wanted a pita but thought I should eat what I have in the house. Great decision!! I watched Cops while eating supper. I love that show. Makes me realize my life is pretty good!! Now I'm watching Americas Most Wanted. I better get going though I really need to do some studying before bedtime. Goodnight! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I was a little hungover today too :) So exciting about the house, keep us posted on what you decide!! I can't wait to have a place of my own :)

    ReplyDelete