Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sweet & Spicy Stirfry

Hello everyone! Hope Tuesday was awesome! Mine was pretty great! I started off my day by making this ladies Baked Banana Oatmeal. It was absolutely amazing!
4 squares of Baked Banana Oatmeal

My portion for breakfast with some sliced strawberries

You can find this recipe on Kath's blog. I altered mine a bit by using only 1 cup milk and adding in 1 tbsp of cinnamon. This had the perfect texture. Nice and chewy, the way I like it. This will be breakfast the next 3 days unless I did into it sooner (which is highly possible). After breakfast I took my taxes in. She said they should be done by tomorrow sometime. I hope I get some money back! After that I headed to Cosco where I bought the following: strawberries, blackberries, pineapple, red delicious apples, sliced mushrooms, almond butter and some bottles of Tylenol cause they were on a great sale. After that I headed over to Dad's Organic Food Market. I bought a bag of organic kiwis for $1.50!! Now that's a steal in my books! I also bought organic spaghetti squash, whey protein powder, Only Oats and some tempeh. I've never tried tempeh but I saw it there and thought I might as well try it! I think I might try out this tempeh bacon that I'm seeing on quite a few blogs. My snacking during the afternoon was an unpictured apple and banana.

After my shopping trip I headed home to cleeeaaannn!!! The apartment was a bit messy and I can't study when it's messy!! So I cleaned up the kitched and living room until it was spotless. Then I went out for a rollerblade. I haven't been rollerblading in soooo long and I forgot how much fun it is! I rollerbladed all the way to my parents which is about 5 miles (totally guessing). I played with my dog a bit and ate my banana. Then I headed back home. I didn't think it was much of a workout cause I felt I wasn't really sweating very much but when I got home out of the wind I noticed I had sweat a lot haha. Gross! But that's a sign to me that it was a decent workout!

After the rollerblade it was about supper time so I made my Sweet and Spicy stirfry. I usually make this with chicken but today I wanted to try it with tofu and it was delish!!

Sweet and spicy tofu stirfry over 1/4 cup quinoa

Stirfry recipe:
1 block extra firm tofu (pressed) or 1 lb chicken breast
3/4 cup Kraft Catalina dressing (I use low-calorie)
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
Crushed red peppers (I put a lot of this on for extra spicyness but put as much or as little as you want)
1 clove garlic
Bag of mixed veggies (I used fresh this time but feel free to use frozen)
I also added mushrooms and spinach in this mix

Add the dressing, soy sauce, garlic and peppers to the tofu (or chicken) to marinate. I let it marinate for about 15 minutes. Add that mixture to pan on medium heat. Let it cook about 10 minutes and then add the veggies. Fry until the veggies are of desired tenderness. I like mine to be a little crisp still. Serve over quinoa, brown rice, noodles or eat it plain. It's delicious!!

After dinner I began studying. I have a midterm on Friday in my Surgical Equipment class. I'll be studying alllll week. Ugh!! I also snacked on a handful of unpictured jelly beans and this:

Rice cake topped with organic chocolate chips and microwaved for 30 seconds. Drizzled with agave nectar!

Well I'm off to bed. Going to go to a Spin and Core class tomorrow morning. Hopefully it'll kick my butt!! Goodnight!!!
Put tofu (or chicken)

2 comments:

  1. That baked oatmeal looks awesome!! I've seen it on Kath's blog but never remember to make it myself, glad it turned out well! Have a great hump day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness girl-your baked oatmeal looks AWEESOME! i need to try it like..asap!
    PS oh my gosh you must try mighty maple asap! you will LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete